Royal Ascot is probably the finest horse racing meeting in the world and there are a vast number of spread bets available which offer so much more than traditional fixed odds betting.
Visit the Sporting Index website to have a look at the number, and the types of bets that are available. You can back for or against a particular horse, jockey, trainer etc and make bets on an individual race, an individual days racing or the Festival as a whole. In addition, the big benefit of spread betting is that your selection doesn't have to win for you to win. Providing it does better than expected, you can win some handsome returns.
Some Royal Ascot Pointers:
Going: Saturday - Firm
1. Mark Johnston has been the top trainer at Royal Ascot for the past 2 seasons.
2. David Nicholls has never had a Royal Ascot winner
3. Frankie Dettori has been top jockey at Royal Ascot for 4 of the last 7 seasons. Kieren Fallon has won the award just once, whilst Johnny Murtagh was Champion in 2002 and 2003. In all, only 4 jockeys have been crowned Royal Ascot top jockey in the last 10 years - Mick Kinane being the fourth.
4. Mark Johnston has had 3 winners and a third in the 2.30 from his last 6 runners. He has Hearthstead Wings today.
5. In the 3.05 Mark Johnston has seen just 1 horse out of his last 8 runners finish outside the the 1st 4. Of those 8, 3 have won at 12/1, 9/2 and 4/1. He has Systematic running today
Also in the 3.05, only 1 favourite in the last 10 years has won.
6. The 3.45 has not seen a win from a filly since 1988 - there are 2 fillies running today - Airwave and Lochridge.
7. In the 4.25 - The Wokingham - 4 and 5 year olds have won the last 5 runs of this race and gained 75% of the available place positions. This would reduce the number of possible winners to 19 - from 31!
8. 4 of the last 5 winners in the 5.00 have been a 4 year old, with 4 & 5 year olds taking 90% of the place positions in the last 5 years.
9. The average price of winners for Saturday 2003 was 8/1, which included 2 odds on winners - 2.30 & 5.35
More to follow